Straight Wire Seminars maintains a directory that contains information provided to us by our customers via our website, and various other means. This directory is maintained internally as strictly confidential and is never provided, or sold to, outside companies.Straight Wire Seminars reserves the right to disclose contact information if requested by federal, state, or local authorities as deemed appropriate; or as needed to remain compliant with accrediting agencies. In addition, Straight Wire Seminars, and its continuing education partners may use this directory to alert you to new information, products and services, events and other opportunities we think you might find interesting.
Links to Other Sites – A Disclaimer
When you follow a link to one of these Web sites neither Straight Wire Seminars, Inc., nor any agency, officer, or employee of Straight Wire Seminars warrants the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information published by these external sites, nor endorses any content, viewpoints, products, or services linked from these systems, and cannot be held liable for any losses caused by reliance on the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of their information. Portions of such information may be incorrect or not up-to date. Any person or entity that relies on any information obtained from these systems does so at his or her own risk.
Information Collected When You Just Browse
If you do nothing during your visit to this Web site but browse or download information, we automatically collect and store the standard data collected by all web server software. That information is as follows:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain name used (but not the e-mail address). The IP address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet IP to respond to your browser request. Example: 184.108.40.206; The domain name server (DNS) assigned on the Internet to your IP Address (if there is one). Example: somename.com;
- The type of browser and operating system you used. Example: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows NT; IE4WDUS-1998101501);
- The date and time you visited this Web site ;
- The web pages or services you accessed at this Web site; and
- The Web page you visited prior to coming to this Web site including any keyword search terms. (Note: this is included so that summary analysis can be done on how visitors get to our site, i.e., from a search engine, from a link on another Web site, etc.)
We do not track individual user navigation choices. We do, however, summarize the information listed above to determine:
- What organizations are our most frequent users to better target our content for the audience.
- What browsers are being used on our site to determine what techniques we can use to develop pages that will work with different browsers (item 2 above).
- How often our pages are being used (item 4 above).
- The traffic that other Web sites such as search engines direct to our Web site in order to determine which content and search terms are most effective. (item 4 above)
- For Web site security purposes, and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this Web site may monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. If security monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, system personnel may provide the results of such monitoring to appropriate officials. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations no attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the state law and federal statutes including the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act of 1996.
Collection of Information
Straight Wire Seminars does not collect personally identifiable information about visitors except when visitors specifically provide such information on a voluntary basis. For example, such personally identifiable information may be gathered from the registration process for subscription sites or services and in connection with content submissions, community postings (e.g., chat and bulletin boards), suggestions, and transactional areas. Such information may be used by Straight Wire Seminars for the following purposes: contacting a subscriber regarding account status, changes to the subscriber agreement, special discounts, promotions, products offered and other matters relevant to the underlying service and/or the information collected.
Straight Wire Seminars values opinions and comments from visitors, so we occasionally conduct online surveys. These surveys are entirely optional for all visitors. Most frequently, the information is aggregated and used to make improvements to Straight Wire Seminars Web sites and to develop appealing content, features and promotions for visitors. Survey participants are anonymous unless otherwise stated in the survey. Straight Wire Seminars reserves the right to perform statistical analyses of visitors’ behavior and characteristics.